Monday, August 6, 2012

Challenge Week 2: Overambition

Well, its the start of my second week at home. So far it has been great, I'm enjoying Princess P more than I have in years(well, atleast like 80% of time). And much to my husband's dismay I have been getting through my lists and then some. DH actually threatened to block Pinterest on my computer after  I cleaned the kitchen and decided that our cabinets needed a fresh coat of paint.  This epiphany came to me just 10 min before he was due to arrive home from work so I grabbed the ever-handy screwdriver from the top of the fridge(really if he doesn't want me to use the stuff, he should hide it better...like, umm, put it away.)  and feverishly started removing cabinet doors.  Luckily, I am ambidextrous with a screwdriver our I'd have never been able to work through the hand cramp...and he was stuck in traffic for a half hour.  By the time he got home, I had most of the doors off and he was surprisingly submissive.

This week, I'm on to deep cleaning the bathroom.  And after Fez attempted to steal my underpants while I was in the shower, I decided that just maybe I did want that laundry chute that insisted DH wall over six years ago when we remodeled the bathroom.  It is located like four inches above the back of our toilet-awkward!  And it drops to the opposite side of the basement from the laundry room, in the doorway of DH's home theater.  I really would like the laundry pile out of itty-bitty bathroom though, particularly to deter the the furry little panty raiders.  I had to squelch the urge to smash a hole in the wall...DH would have had a coronary.

So my challenge for this week is to put the lid on my Pinterest-fueled ambitions and channel that energy into some money-making and money-saving.

No comments:

Post a Comment