Wednesday, August 1, 2012

New month, New Budget

Scheduled Post that did not post on August 1 as I thought:

It has been a week of changes here-Monday was DH's first day at new job, Tuesday was DH's 28th birthday, and now its the first of August.  New month means a new budget.  I'm going to publish my budget and spending this month so that I'm being held accountable to someone.  I made some reductions based on our stockpile being so well-stocked...and with hopes that I could improve my couponing and dealing seeking skills.

So without further ado, our goal this month is $300.  That includes all groceries, toiletries, and any eating out.

I may fail, but I will promise to fess up and publicly shame myself right here if I do.  With DH's new job we are switching banks, as he is now employed by a bank.  And we are going to have separate accounts for his and hers paychecks which is a big change because we've always pooled our money.  Also, we are getting used to a new pay schedule, so I foresee some possible bumps in the road.  Regardless, I am going to set a $300 goal!

Jack Kerouac“My fault, my failure, is not in the passions I have, but in my lack of control of them.” 
                                                                                                                                                                 ― Jack Kerouac

No comments:

Post a Comment